So much to say....

I realized this week that it's been a while since I posted anything.  A LOT has been happening y'all!  I'm now working full-time at one of the local school districts as a paraprofessional (teacher's aid to the old schoolers) AND working at our church as set-up coordinator for the meal we serve to our volunteers each week.  Next month I start leading a women's small group titled "She's Got Issues". I'm super excited about it!  (If you live where I do, and are interested, I'd love to have you join us).

Let's get really real for a sec...
After resigning my position at my former church (where I was a pastor on staff), I wasn't sure I ever want to be on another church staff.  The strain it can put on a family is nothing to joke about.  God, however, had other plans for me and mine and I just have to tell you about it.

When we moved to our new church, where we are confident God wants us (it is so amazing how He orders our steps), I new I needed to get involved.  But I had just come out of some trying times, and I was TIRED.  Exhausted really - in every sense of the word.  That said, I knew the Lord was pushing me to get involved with my new family.  It took will power - a forceful decision, on my part, to say, "Okay, God I'll do it", and get involved with our new family of believers.  So, I took the first step and volunteered.  I told them I'd do whatever they needed someone to do.  The opportunity to volunteer came in the way of serving dinner to the volunteers each Friday night (which is the service we attend) - there are about 80 of them.  This was PERFECT!  Just what I needed.  It would allow me the opportunity to serve from the shadows, while serving those who serve others.  I love that concept. To be able to pour into the lives of the people who were pouring into others is priceless to me.  Also it afforded me a level of invisibility, or so I thought.

About 4 weeks into my duties, I was approached by the Associate Pastor of our service - he wanted to know if I would be interested in applying for a part-time job doing what I was already doing - along with more ministry opportunities to the volunteers.  What?!?  God was moving on my behalf.  His plans are always so much better than ours.  When I mentioned it to my other half he said, "That sounds like something you could do."  To which my heart cried, "I thought we decided to never be on a church staff again!"  Notice the emphasis on "we".  We decided...that is not what God told us.  

So, I'm on staff at our new church, and loving it.  It's only 6 hours a week, for now, but I still love it!  What I'm doing refreshes me - even after working with elementary age kids for 7.5 hours before I ever get to the church to work.

Never in a millions years would I have told you I would be where I am today.  Yet, here I am.  And I am in complete awe of my God...my Heavenly Father...the Most Holy God.

These two verses ring truer today than they ever have for me: 


 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55: 8-9

The Lord has shown His amazing-ness in ways I never would have imagined over the last several months, and I stand in complete awe.  Throughout it all He has re-affirmed the call He placed on my life so many years ago:

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
     and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61: 1-3


Our God is so much bigger than we allow Him to be.  We, too many times, we won't follow Him or second guess Him because of our fear and doubt.  Let's let Him be God, and He will show-off in amazing ways!

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be...VULNERABLE

In this world you will have trouble...

Laying Down My Rights...